How do we generate PTA dollars?
We generate PTA dollars in four ways: your membership dues, annual CWE PTA events fundraisers, ongoing fundraisers, and sponsorships. (To find out about how these dollars are spent, please visit our Programs & Clubs page.)
About half of your $8 membership dues is directed to National PTA to support child advocacy, government relations, leadership development, and more. CWE PTA uses the remainder to support our PTA’s work for Cypress Woods children. For our causes, events, and clubs, we hold several fundraisers throughout the year to make it possible.
Annual CWE PTA Events
- Eagle Fest (Spring 2020) – Weekend community event.
- Eagle Fest is an amazing time to bring our school community together to share in some fun and lasting memories!
- Eaglethon (November 2019) – in-school event for students
- Eaglethon is a 100% volunteer-led effort to raise necessary funds to support Cypress Woods. Funds raised, through the years, have purchased IPads, STEM programming, plus indoor and outdoor free play items as well as supporting the Arts within our school.
- Amazon Smile – The AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price from your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to Cypress Woods Elementary for professional development, school incentives, and more.
- Box Tops for Education – The Box Tops for Education program is an ongoing, minimal-effort program to generate auxiliary PTA funds. Simply save the Box Tops for Education symbol from products such as General Mills, Ziploc, and Annie’s products, then send them with your child to school, or deposit them in the box in CWE’s interior vestibule. CWE generates over $1000 per year with these!
- Spiritwear Sales