How do we generate PTA dollars?
We generate PTA dollars in four ways: your membership dues, annual CWE PTA events fundraisers, ongoing fundraisers, and sponsorships. (To find out about how these dollars are spent, please visit our Programs & Clubs page.)
About half of your $7 membership dues is directed to National PTA to support child advocacy, government relations, leadership development, and more. CWE PTA uses the remainder to support our PTA’s work for Cypress Woods children. For our causes, events, and clubs, we hold several fundraisers throughout the year to make it possible.
Annual CWE PTA Events
- Eaglethon (held 11/2/18) – in-school event for students
Eaglethon 2018 was a 100% volunteer-led effort to raise necessary funds to support schoolwide improvements at Cypress Woods. The school community came together in an amazing way and netted $40,000 over the course of the program. These Eaglethon funds are set aside to improve the school facilities in various ways, including the addition of collaborative spaces as part of the media center renovation, and sound system upgrades to alleviate chronic dissonance in the cafeteria.
- Family Fall Festival (held 11/10/18) – weekend community event
Family Fall Festival is an amazing time to bring our school community together to share in some fun lasting memories! Our 2018 event featured bounce houses, a climbing wall, dodgeball, crazy hair, a fun photo booth, food trucks, and so much more.
- Eagle Gala (held 3/23/19) – weekend adult-only evening
The annual adults-only Eagle Gala is a kid-free night of dancing, socializing, and raising money to support the Cypress Woods Eagles. In 2019, we raised approximately $10,000, laughed a lot, and took some *hilarious* photos. Thanks to the sponsors, silent auction item donors, and volunteers who helped make it a success!
- Amazon Smile – The AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price from your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to Cypress Woods Elementary for professional development and school incentives. AmazonSmile has generated over $500 for CWE as of May 2018.
- Box Tops for Education – The Box Tops for Education program is an ongoing, minimal-effort program to generate auxiliary PTA funds. Simply save the Box Tops for Education symbol from products such as General Mills, Ziploc, and Annie’s products, then send them with your child to school, or deposit them in the box in CWE’s interior vestibule. In 2018 alone, Box Tops 4 Education submissions generated almost $1200!
- Spiritwear Sales – A great way to show your school spirit, plus something awesome (and identifying) to wear on field trips.