How do we generate PTA dollars?
We generate PTA dollars in four ways: your membership dues, annual CWE PTA events fundraisers, ongoing fundraisers, and sponsorships. (To find out about how these dollars are spent, please visit our Programs & Clubs page.)
About half of your $7 membership dues is directed to National PTA to support child advocacy, government relations, leadership development, and more. CWE PTA uses the remainder to support our PTA’s work for Cypress Woods children. For our causes, events, and clubs, we hold several fundraisers throughout the year to make it possible.
Annual CWE PTA Events
- Eaglethon (coming 11/2/18) – in-school event for students
Eaglethon 2018 was a 100% volunteer-led effort to raise necessary funds to support STEM & the arts at Cypress Woods. The school community came together in an amazing way and netted $40,000 over the course of the program. Since then, Eaglethon funds have been used to purchase board games, puzzles, recess carts, sports equipment, and more to help CWE kids PLAY at recess!
- Family Fall Festival (coming 11/10/18) – weekend community event
Family Fall Festival is an amazing time to bring our school community together to share in some fun lasting memories! Our 2017 event featured bounce houses, dodgeball, crazy hair, a fun photo booth, food trucks, and more.
- Eagle Gala (coming Spring 2019) – weekend adult-only evening
The annual adults-only Eagle Gala is a kid-free night of dancing, socializing, and raising money to support the Cypress Woods Eagles. In 2018, we raised $10,000, laughed a lot, and took some *hilarious* photos.
- Amazon Smile – The AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price from your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to Cypress Woods Elementary for professional development, school incentives, and the 5th grade trip to DC. AmazonSmile has generated approximately $500 for CWE as of May 2018.
- Box Tops for Education – The Box Tops for Education program is an ongoing, minimal-effort program to generate auxiliary PTA funds. Simply save the Box Tops for Education symbol from products such as General Mills, Ziploc, and Annie’s products, then send them with your child to school, or deposit them in the box in CWE’s interior vestibule. In 2018 alone, Box Tops 4 Education submissions have generated almost $1200!
- Spiritwear Sales – A great way to show your school spirit, plus something awesome (and identifying) to wear on field trips.