How do we generate PTA dollars?
We generate PTA dollars in four ways: your membership dues, annual CWE PTA events fundraisers, ongoing fundraisers, and sponsorships. (To find out about how these dollars are spent, please visit our Programs & Clubs page.)
About half of your $7 membership dues is directed to National PTA to support child advocacy, government relations, leadership development, and more. CWE PTA uses the remainder to support our PTA’s work for Cypress Woods children. For our causes, events, and clubs, we hold several fundraisers throughout the year to make it possible.
Annual CWE PTA Events
- Family Fall Festival (10/28/17) – weekend community event
- Family Fall Festival is an amazing time to bring our school community together to share in some fun lasting memories! In 2017, we raised $9650 to support our students and teachers in their classrooms.
- Eaglethon (2/9/18) – in-school event for students
- Eaglethon 2018 was a 100% volunteer-led effort to raise necessary funds to support STEM & the arts at Cypress Woods. The school community came together in an amazing way and netted $40,000 over the course of the program. Go, Eagles!
- Eagle Gala (3/10/18) – weekend adult-only evening
- The annual adults-only Eagle Gala is a night for making friends and raising money to support the Cypress Woods Eagles! In 2018, we raised $10,000 and a fun night was had by all.
- Amazon Smile – The AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price from your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to Cypress Woods Elementary for professional development, school incentives, and the 5th grade trip to DC.
- Box Tops for Education – The Box Tops for Education program is an ongoing, minimal-effort program to generate auxiliary PTA funds. Simply save the Box Tops for Education symbol from products such as General Mills, Ziploc, and Annie’s products, then send them with your child to school, or deposit them in the box in CWE’s interior vestibule. CWE generates over $1000 per year with these!
- Spiritwear Sales